The Weather Bureau is once again predicting record high temperatures for Perth during summer.
The Department advises tenants, family members and neighbours to take extra care and drink lots of water, and if unwell seek medical help.
If people are feeling unwell they can call healthdirect Australia on 1800 022 222, call their doctor or if it is an emergency call 000.
Tenants, family members, neighbours or other members of the public are encouraged to make contact with, and to check on the elderly, the unwell, and the very young during this time.
Housing Direct can be reached on 1300 137 677.
General tips for staying healthy when it's hot:
- Drink plenty of fluids.
- Try to stay inside with a fan or air conditioner on.
- If you have to go outside, go in the early morning or late evening and stay in the shade.
- Wear light coloured, loose clothing and take a hat to wear outside.
- Always use plenty of sunscreen.
- Don’t do a lot of exercise outside when it is very hot.
- To help you sleep use a water spray mister on your face and body.
- Keep taking any regular medicine even if you feel unwell because of the heat.