Property Transfers

Remote Aboriginal Housing Toolbox

If you are currently living in a Housing Authority rental property you may ask to be transferred to another house, depending on your circumstances.

You will need to be eligible for the new house you want to be transferred to.

Cross transfers

A cross transfer means that you might be able to swap homes with another tenant, if you are both eligible for your new house.

Before you swap, you must get approval from your local Housing office and your Community Council.

You must both pay your own costs of moving.

Think carefully about the condition and location of the house you are moving to. Once you have moved you will not be able to change your mind.

If you cannot return to your house due to Sorry Business, your housing officer can arrange a transfer to a more suitable property. This must be agreed to by your Community Council.