Housing Options

In addition to the provision of public housing in metropolitan and country areas of Western Australia, the Housing Authority also provides assistance to people with various other housing needs. These needs include rental assistance, becoming a home owner and issues related to homelessness.

Rental assistance covers a diverse range of initiatives like bond assistance loans, facilitating more affordable rental through the National Rental Affordability Scheme (NRAS) and the management of housing in remote Aboriginal communities. 

Western Australians who want to become home owners can also benefit from a number of initiatives offered by the Housing Authority. Initiatives include First Homebuyer Assistance, Keystart home loans, and the rental sales scheme that assists our tenants interested in purchasing their rental property.

The Housing Authority also offers affordable housing for sale to the public through both its own developments and joint-venture developments.

The Housing Authority's Homeless Advisory Service provides information to primary and secondary homeless people that will help them seek their own accommodation.



 Related Information




 Housing News

Seniors Housing Strategy- providing for future generations
Monday, 07 November 2016

By 2050, the number of Western Australians over the age of 65 is set to double, with the number over 85 set to quadruple.

Other News items
Friday, 30 September 2016
Friday, 23 September 2016
Friday, 23 September 2016
View All