Increasing clients’ social and economic capacity and building household resilience for long term success.
Thrive is a Department of Communities (Housing) initiative that is delivered in partnership with non-government organisations. It builds on the success of the Support and Tenant Education Program (STEP), with a stronger focus on early intervention.
The program has been developed through extensive consultation with stakeholders and has a more holistic approach to target clients’ individual needs.
Thrive will operate around the following four key themes:
- Improving clients’ social and economic wellbeing.
- Increasing clients’ capacity to manage their household in a community.
- Building clients’ capacity and resilience for long term success.
- Provision of earlier support to reduce risk factors that may affect their household.
Thrive will have increased collaboration with existing private or government support programs and services.
Thrive services will include:
- Tailored case coordination that address the wider needs of clients and community;
- Culturally and linguistically appropriate support for clients’ individual needs;
- Regular home visits to assist clients to develop strategies and build capacity and resilience for managing their household in a community;
- Referrals to other services and coordination of provision of practical assistance for clients, including those in remote areas.
Information and feedback sessions
The Department of Communities is inviting comment from community service organisations on its Thrive draft Request for Tender to deliver assistance to its clients.
The Department will host a series of information and feedback sessions across the State in November and December 2017.
Feedback from these sessions will inform the final Thrive Request for Tender, which will be advertised early in 2018.
If you are interested in attending one of the sessions, please register your details.
Contact email@example.com or call (08) 6217 6299 for more information.
Early tender advice is available on Tenders WA.