Rent Payment Options

Remote Aboriginal Housing Tenant Toolbox

What is rent?

Rent is the money you pay to live in a house you do not own.

You can rent a house to be your home. This means you are paying to stay there - you do not own it yourself.

If you pay rent for your home, you are called a tenant. The Housing Authority is your landlord. You pay your rent to your landlord.

How do I pay my rent?

There are three main ways that you can pay your rent:

  • Centrelink
  • Direct debit
  • Online bill payment

The Housing Authority does not accept cash payments at any of our offices.


If your income is from a Centrelink pension or benefit, your rent will be deducted and sent directly to us. Additional charges, such as water consumption, can be paid at any post office.

Direct debit

You can arrange with us for your rent to be paid directly from your bank account.

Download the Direct Debit brochure. The brochure includes the Direct Debit Request form which you can print out, fill in and mail back to us.

Online bill payment

You can use your credit card to pay your rent or additional charges, such as water consumption or tenant liability via Online Bill Payments page.​​


 Related Pages


 Related Information