Your Tenancy Agreement

Remote Aboriginal Housing Tenant Toolbox

A tenancy is an agreement which sets out your rights and responsibilities for renting a house. This means you are paying to stay there. You do not own it yourself. The Housing Authority is your landlord.
There must be a written agreement between you and your landlord. This is called a tenancy agreement or ‘lease’.
It says the things that you must do and the things that your landlord must do.
You and the landlord sign the tenancy agreement. And then you must both stick to it.
Your Housing Officer will discuss the agreement with you and answer any questions you might have before you sign it.
Please note: Tenants for housing in remote Aboriginal communities are not required to pay a security bond before entering into a tenancy.

Here is a sample tenancy agreement to give you an idea of what you will be signing when you move in to a new house.
If you would like any more information on your rights and responsibilities as a tenant please read the Tenant Information Factsheet and Renting a home in WA brochure.

 Related Information