Moving In and Out of Public Housing

Tenant Toolbox

Moving Into Public Housing

When you move into your new home, your Housing Services Officer will give you a Property Condition Report. This describes the condition of each room in the house as well as the exterior and gardens.

If you find any fault with the property, it is important that you write down what is wrong and return the copy of the form to your local Department of Communities (Housing) office within 7 days. This prevents you from being charged for repairs to anything that was damaged before you moved in. If you don't return the form, we will assume you are happy with the property.

Moving Out of Public Housing

You need to give 21 days' notice in writing to advise when you intend to vacate your public housing property. You can complete a Notice of Intention to Vacate​ form.

The property must be left clean and tidy. If repairs, gardening or rubbish removal are required, you will be charged for them. This can be very expensive.


 Related Information